Can I help with website content and contribute?
Yes you can! Please do this in the following ways:
- Write a testimonial! One of the more powerful ways to reach out to others is to write about your own experience, in particular if you have benefited from any of the advice / treatments given. Please click on testimonials section to leave a testimonial
- Like us on facebook
- Make a small contribution – we would appreciate any donation amounts to help with the maintenance of website and to continue to fund our Imperial Charitable Research Account to advance the syncope research program based at Imperial College London.
- Feedback directly to email@example.com about anything that you feel can be improved on the website.
What led us to start up stopfainting.com?
At the Imperial Syncope Diagnostic Unit based in London, where we see more than 1000 patients a year with syncope, we have built up experience over 10 years to understand that the diagnosis of Vasovagal syncope is very common; yet it is often misdiagnosed, and given that misdiagnoses adds to the anxiety of not knowing, numerous diagnostic tests, with management strategies which are not communicated effectively in the context of busy outpatient services. Our goals are therefore to:
- Be a patient-centred platform to educate patients, using clear and simple language and illustrations, on why patients faint and the simple steps that can be applied to stop fainting
- We would like to provide the same high-level of information and care (as we do in clinic) to patients using an on-line platform to be able to reach out of all patients
How is stopfainting.com funded?
This website build and maintenance and resources are funded by an Imperial Healthcare Charity Grant. The contributions to the website, including articles and videos, are provided free by the passionate individuals who believe that every patient should be able to get comprehensive, clear and easy-to-understand, helpful information on how to manage fainting.